Since 1959 there have been 18 fuel tank explosions on transport category airplanes.
Maintenance and engineering personnel must be able to ensure that the fuel tank system airworthiness limitations are properly performed throughout the operational life of the airplane by having a thorough understanding of the airplane fuel tank system critical design features.
They also need be aware of the importance of accomplishing the fuel tank system airworthiness limitations, CDCCLs, inspections, and other procedures while accomplishing scheduled and unscheduled maintenance.
Upon completion of this advanced online training course, the students will:
- Be familiar with the basic elements of the fuel tank safety issues;
- Be able to give a simple description of the historical background and the elements requiring a safety consideration;
- Be able to use typical terms.
This course includes:
- The description of concept of fuel tank safety and CDCCL;
- Examples of manufacturers documents showing CDCCL items;
- Typical examples of fuel tank defects;
- Examples of TC holders repair data;
- Examples of maintenance instructions for inspection.
This course consists of the following modules:
- Module 1, The Concept and History
- Module 2, Regulations and Procedures
- Module 3, Documentation and Practices